Step 3: Complete a CA Request
Once you have selected a credential, you need to complete a CA request.
You must submit a separate CA request for each course and/or exam required for a credential at least thirty business days prior to the course or exam start date. The thirty business days begin when the Education Center or Office submits the request to the Army Credentialing and Continuing Education Services for Soldiers (ACCESS), Army University (ArmyU).
For detailed instructions on completing a CA request using ArmyIgnitED, download the Soldier CA Process Guide.
- Log into ArmyIgnitED. ArmyIgnitED is using login.gov to allow you to sign in to your account safely and securely. Create or log into your account and acknowledge the Soldier Statement of Understanding (SOU).
- Select the “MOS/ASI” option if you wish to pursue a credential aligned with your MOS/AOC/ASI, or the “Other” option if you wish to pursue a credential NOT aligned to your MOS/AOC/ASI.
- Select the credential path you wish to pursue and submit.
- Once you have created a credential path, request CA funding.
- Select a vendor from the list that appears for your path.
- Select the course/exam. Submit.
- Your CA request will route to ACCESS ArmyU who will review your request. You will be contacted if there are any issues or questions with your request. You will be notified via email once your CA request is approved. Most requests are processed no later than three days prior to your start date, so if you have not received a response prior to that, please email email@example.com. All books/materials that are approved for funding, will be sent directly to you.
NOTE: You do not pay anything out of pocket. The Army does NOT reimburse any credentialing related expenses.
>> Go to step 4: Complete Training or Exam
<< Return to Step 2